Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Get Anyone to Take Immediate Action in Any Situation

When I read the title of this I was a little skeptical that what I was about to read could actually work. As I began to read it I realized that most of it was true. I know if in my life I tend to dwell on things longer when I have too many choices to choose from, and like it said I do doubt if I made the right choice for awhile after I've made it. Personally I like deadlines because otherwise I would never get done what I was suppose to do and I do agree that they are very important when your asking someone to do something. Deadlines push the person to get what you want them to do right away. Using the law of inertia was something I never thought about. It makes sense though people are more app to agree to do something gradually then just jumping right into it. Over the years I've learned that if you tell someone to do something and you don't really know what your talking about they most likely will take it less seriously and sometimes not do it at all. Additional incentive is probably the thing that clinches most people into doing something their asked. It is human nature for people to think about what they can get out of what they are about to agree to. All of these things really are good ways to get people do stuff you want them to do. I know I'll remember them for the next time I need to ask someone for a favor.

No comments: